This is a post party picture, and, althougth I do not like to post pictures of myself, I thought the boys were really cute.
Allen's birthday cake was supposed to be this really cool looking R2D2, but my homemade fondant started falling apart and so I just sort of slapped it on. I told the kids it was R2D2 after he fell in the swamp where Yoda lives. They liked that. They also thought it was really funny because the cake was red inside (I made a red velvet cake just to be different). They all screamed and laughed while I cut him up, so I guess it was a success in spite of my disappointment.
I made the kids light sabers out of noodles and duct tape and let them practice hitting bubbles. They of course hit each other as well (hence the noodle light sabers). Online a lot of people suggested buying each kid a cheap plastic light saber. I found some, but know boys well enough to know the disasters that could lead too. I liked the foam idea much better. They really liked them too.


We also had a couple special guests at the party. Mike was nice enough to consent to dress as Darth Vader and let the kids throw water balloons at him. It was really funny, and the kids liked that part a lot. Especially since Darth Vader danced around like no one has ever seen him dance before....

One of our friends has a really cool storm trooper costume as well, and he made an appearance at the party to take pictures with all of the kids. They were kind of intimidated by him, but they thought he was cool. Abigail was probably the least intimidated and kept going up to him to touch him and see if he was real.



I wish I had gotten pictures of the work we did in Misha's room as well. We put up black plastic bags all over his room to make it completely black (like I said, I got a little over ambitious), and then hung up some glow in the dark planets the kids and I had made, glow in the dark stars, and glow sticks. It looked really cool. We then filled it with a bunch of balloons that John and Cristina were nice enough to blow up. The kids went in there last and popped all the balloons (we called the death stars) to find some pictures that we had put inside. It was crazy, but they really liked that part. It was definitely worth all the work. Anyway, Allen had a really fun birthday, and was very excited to be seven.
Now for Greer. WE got to go to Greer to celebrate Grandpa John's 60th birthday. We got a huge cabin and just played and enjoyed the outdoors for4 days straight. It was very relaxing and wonderful. The kids had nonstop fun with their cousins and were very sad to leave. One picture is here, and the other is at the end.

Finally, a few more pictures from Chicago.
Benjamin with Auntie Laura (He took to his Aunts there right away).

We spent one day at Six Flags GReat America. WE took Katie along and had a really fun day (in spite of the heat). I wanted to include this picture because I was proud of Allen for being so brave. He decided on his own to try this climbing thing with Mike and Misha. Allen is really afraid of heights, and so I know it was hard for him, but he did really well and even wanted to go all the way to the top.

Benjamin loved this little area that was devoted to the Wiggles. He didn't much care for the kiddie rides, but he loved the slides and the Wiggles show.


With Aunt Monica, we got to go to a water park and a park where mammoth bones had been found. The kids loved the mammoth statue and the train ride that we took at the park, and they had a blast in the water.



this is more from Great America. I have to say that I was really proud of Cristina here as well because she went on a lot of roller coasters, including the superman ride which is very scary.

All the grandkids (minus Abigail who was asleep) in Greer. Benjamin would not go without Cristina (who is hiding behind him).

Well, there it is. Another fun filled post from the Tereks. I will hopefully be posting again soon with some wild and crazy pictures from Misha's birthday party. Enjoy your day!

Finally, a few more pictures from Chicago.
Benjamin with Auntie Laura (He took to his Aunts there right away).

We spent one day at Six Flags GReat America. WE took Katie along and had a really fun day (in spite of the heat). I wanted to include this picture because I was proud of Allen for being so brave. He decided on his own to try this climbing thing with Mike and Misha. Allen is really afraid of heights, and so I know it was hard for him, but he did really well and even wanted to go all the way to the top.

Benjamin loved this little area that was devoted to the Wiggles. He didn't much care for the kiddie rides, but he loved the slides and the Wiggles show.


With Aunt Monica, we got to go to a water park and a park where mammoth bones had been found. The kids loved the mammoth statue and the train ride that we took at the park, and they had a blast in the water.



this is more from Great America. I have to say that I was really proud of Cristina here as well because she went on a lot of roller coasters, including the superman ride which is very scary.

All the grandkids (minus Abigail who was asleep) in Greer. Benjamin would not go without Cristina (who is hiding behind him).

Well, there it is. Another fun filled post from the Tereks. I will hopefully be posting again soon with some wild and crazy pictures from Misha's birthday party. Enjoy your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment