Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Little Look Back

I realized after posting last that I never did post any pictures from Simeon's birthday. I hate to use pregnancy as an excuse, but back in June I was a little overwhelmed with work, having all the boys home from school and just feeling really icky that I kind of forgot to put the pictures up. I also was really bummed because my camera battery died right as we were starting the party (another oversight on my part) and so I couldn't take any pictures. Luckily, Dan and Mary were nice enough to take pictures on their phones and email them to us. Anyway, Simeon chose to have a family party and to have a barbecue and just enjoy everyone being over. He had a really fun time and got a lot of fun presents. He didn't really stay still long enough to get clear pictures, but at least we got some.






Simeon chose a Donkey Kong cake. I had some disasters with this cake (as usual) since the frosting was very runny and Misha knocked it over (in the cake holder thank goodness) right before we started the party. I had to try to put it all back together, and so it was a little messy. I felt bad because Simeon didn't even get to see it before the mishap, but he liked it nonetheless. I always seem to have some disaster story or other when it comes to birthday cakes. Maybe that is an indicator that I should just start buying them from Walmart or something.


I can't believe that Simeon is already four. It scares me to think that he will be starting school next year. He just still seems little to me. Time flies. Well, I think that is it for now. I think I have finally caught up to the present. Here's to hoping the I can just keep up now.







No comments:

Post a Comment